- Experience Level: professionals at all levels of experience are welcome to apply
- Business Unit: R&D Space systems
- Career Area: Mechanical Engineering
- Type: Full-Time
- Design and development of mechanisms for space, airborne and ground applications
- Perform analysis and simulation of the assigned system, and validate the simulation result
- Review requirements from various sources to ensure that applicable requirements and specifications are flowing down into the detailed design of assigned products
- Collaborate with peers, project management, and the manufacturing team to ensure project requirements and schedules are met.
- Design and implement verification and validation plan to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Apply principles of design for manufacturing and assembly within design and development activities
- To promote the sharing of ideas, Golbriak Space cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Experience in mechanism design for aerospace applications
- Proficiency in CAD design software
- Expertise in FEM analysis and simulation
- Experience with system verification and validation
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and assembly principles
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Have first-hand experience with machining tools to better inform the design and development process
- Working knowledge of industry standards and regulations including ANSI and ISO standards applicable to mechanical systems
- We offer a competitive salary
- Work/life balance with the possibility of flexible hours
- Hybrid work
- Bonuses based on performance
- The opportunity to work in a talented and dynamic startup environment.
Other Important Information
- Security Clearance Statement: This position does not require a government security clearance.
- Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
- Ability to Work Remotely: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Golbriak Space facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
- Work Schedules: Golbriak Space supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five-day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our paid time off benefits.
At Golbriak Space, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve some of the most complex engineering challenges. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role.