Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer
Come work with a multidisciplinary engineering team focused on delivering world-class optical telecommunication systems for space, airborne and ground applications. We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of the electronics for our product lines of optical telecommunication systems.
- Experience Level: professionals at all levels of experience are welcome to apply
- Business Unit: R&D Space systems
- Career Area: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Type: Full-Time
- Design complex analogue and digital circuits, including high-frequency circuits (>500Mhz)
- Design multilayer PCB layouts
- Develop unit- and system-level test plans covering a variety of operating modes and conditions
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex analogue and digital PCBs
- Design power circuits for various applications
- Develop FPGA circuits to meet system requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience in analogue and digital circuit design
- Expertise in high-frequency circuit design
- Proficiency in PCB design and layout software
- Experience in developing unit- and system-level test plans
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex analogue and digital PCBs
- Knowledge of power circuit design and development
- Experience in FPGA circuit design and development
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of VHDL, Verilog
- experience with embedded systems, knowledge of Rust and C
- Experience with components selection accounting for technology advancement and supply availability
- We offer a competitive salary
- Work/life balance with the possibility of flexible hours
- Hybrid work
- Bonuses based on performance
- The opportunity to work in a talented and dynamic startup environment.
Other Important Information
- Security Clearance Statement: This position does not require a government security clearance.
- Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
- Ability to Work Remotely: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Golbriak Space facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
- Work Schedules: Golbriak Space supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five-day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our paid time off benefits.
At Golbriak Space, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve some of the most complex engineering challenges. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role.